Wednesday 18 March 2015

CAN I MEET YOUR JESUS?



A while ago, I went to a particular deliverance church because I felt like I had 'life pain' and there was a woman sitting in front of me with children. She was so harsh with them, I felt they must have offended her from home. Then one of them sneezed and mucous was flowing down his nose, I saw her searching frantically for something to clean his nose, all to nought so I offered her tissue.
She took it, without a word of thanks and even gave me a look of " who send you?". I was so shocked I could not concentrate again. I knew she was a frequent flyer of the church because a few people greeted her. All I could think of was how those people are angry people and I didn't want to meet their Jesus. I stopped going to church again,I was discouraged. 

Thank God I know better, thank God I met a woman who made Jesus appealing, thank God I met her Jesus.
There are many ways we turn people we are trying to win to Jesus away. We can't be self righteous. We can't make them feel like sinners, unto say na you holy pass, You are constantly angry, rude, uncouth and cursing and you tell me Jesus is peace, I will call you a liar, you are selfish and you tell me to come and meet your Jesus, that He is love, I don run na. 

Is your Jesus appealing to the one who doesn't know Him? When I was a club hopper, if I want you to come clubbing with me ehn, when I start to tell you first that I can get you through the gate without paying,get you drinks on the house,or that the Dj is the best in town or get you a free ride down even up to cloth to wear,you will find clubbing interesting. I made it look like you were missing out if you sit home on a Friday.

That's why you can see a person and say a person is perceived to be a pastor, probably because he or she was kind, compassionate, patient, polite, endearing towards you.

Want to win a soul? Make your Jesus appealing that anyone will want to meet Him, be the example.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23




2 comments:

  1. Amen sister, it's a battle we as Christians must strive to win, making our Jesus appealing. ..God help us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister, it's a battle we as Christians must strive to win, making our Jesus appealing. ..God help us

    ReplyDelete