Wednesday 2 September 2015

ONI TEGA...




Sometime in June my mama came to abuja to rest, change of scene/environment. There are three of us kids in abuja so she had a swell time going from house to house. She wasn't very strong, she used a stick sometimes but she was generally happy to be around us.

When I took her to the airport, I had to arrange wheel chair services for her and I felt so bad seeing her in the chair but I didn't want her to suffer trekking and risking the flight leaving her. While we were waiting my mama gave me plenty advice about marriage,  telling me how much she loves me. I wheeled her almost to the Tarmac and I started to cry uncontrollably for no reason, the airport staff were making fun of me. My husband kept wondering why I was crying so much.

Now I know why! She called me her confidant, told me (almost) everything. Sometimes it felt like a burden hearing her tales but....

At about midday My mummy, Oni Tega like I fondly called her, my paddy went to rest. I am sad because I hoped I'd see you next week, because I hoped you'd carry my babies, you even had a name for the first child but I am glad you gave your life to Christ. 
73 with 8 children, 15 grandchildren, God was good to you. 
Enjoy your stay with God and you had better join the cloud of witnesses the bible talked about. 

You weren't perfect but I love you endlessly.

On a lighter note I am officially an orphan.

5 comments:

  1. Tega Tega ..We are here We are here. Oni Tega sleeps

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's well ma, may God strengthen you and always be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord comfort u more....amen

    ReplyDelete