Friday 27 November 2015

LESSON 101..


My Oni Tega has been laid to rest. Painful but inevitable. The funeral was fantastic. God was glorified. I didn't cry too much because my ears were ringing from the rebuke I got just after she died. 

I really like that The Holy Spirit speaks to me in different situations, He never abandon me be dat.
I rushed back to abuja to make sure I was part of the last workers meeting in WWP and it was beautiful, some workers were appreciated with gifts. Being HOD of my department I was meant to nominate but as I went for Oni Tega's funeral, my partner did it. There's someone I really wanted to put her name for an award but somehow it didn't happen and she was upset, that she deserved to get an award.
I noticed that, and we arranged a few personal stuff for a few people we also wanted to appreciate. We gave 3 people and they were so thankful and then the person who even made me make the decision refused the gift in a very rude manner. I lost my cool and went to report her to the pastorate. It escalated and she was reprimanded. A few minutes later I started feeling bad that I could have handled the situation better.

As I walked out of church in the evening still trying to justify my actions, the Holy Spirit said to me calm down and behave myself that there's nothing the lady did that we don't do to God on a daily basis. We think we deserve the houses, children, job etc and when we don't get them, we get upset with Him. He doesn't owe us anything, all He wants us to do is do our part of the bargain and He will award us based on His timing.

All na pride o, her getting upset that she deserved an award, me getting upset that she rejected the gift. Lord help me o. 


Ecclesiastes 10:4b, James 1:19
  

7 comments:

  1. Its Takes the Grace of God not to Fall Short. I'm guilty also of self righteousness, May God Help us. #MyGodOwesMeNothing #GodIsGood

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thing that crossed my mind is " who does she think she is? Abegi fashi her joor." And then I realised how different am I from her? I am only judging her from a position of pride and that's so not right. So indeed we all fall short at times, but thank God for constantly pulling us back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And just to add that we need to take our self to the place where we serve God selflessly and not because we are looking for a reward. God on His own is a good rewarder, especially of those who diligently seek Him. So when you find yourself "serving" because you want recognition, or you want to be given something in return, know that there is something really wrong with your spiritual life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hummmm. God help us indeed. Was in that boat one time. God helped, is still helping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Affi very true, we just need to ask if we are serving for gifts or for God. That helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Affi very true, we just need to ask if we are serving for gifts or for God. That helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. True talk Affi. Are we serving God for recognition or reward? Thank you Lord! Im serving him for who he's "The Almighty Father". #He'sAlwaysGotMyBack #GodIsGood

    ReplyDelete