Sunday 8 January 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR.


I've never looked forward to any year like 2017. Most importantly I never looked forward to any holiday like the 2016 Christmas holiday.
I spent it sharpening my gele skills and with family.
My brothers little girls are the sweetest things on earth. Very intelligent and hospitable as young as they are.
Toluwani is a real first child, just turned 4 but extremely responsible and understanding, na my first fan and follower for life be dat girl. She followed me everywhere, except when I had to take a bath. Very inquisitive also.
Toluwalase my firebrand baby. When I hear people say they started singing at age 2 , I give them the 'sideeye' but now I believe it. That girl loves to sing, what woke me up most mornings was her singing. ( the lyrics is another matter o).

Now those children love their parents to the envy of anyone watching but the relationship with their father is another matter. it taught me how we should love God. He can rebuke them for a wrong act this moment and they are running to him still for the comfort they need.
My brother, his wife and I were in the house talking about something and the girls were playing outside, and we heard the frantic cries of "daddy" and we ran out. Thank God they were safe but what struck me was the fact that despite the number of times he had warned them to not play in that area, when they got into trouble they called him and of course he came to their rescue.

Do you know that God can always come to your rescue? Do you know He loves you unconditionally? Do you know that even when you sin, you can and should cry out to Him for help? Do you know he won't tell you to stay in your mess because He has warned you? 

You may get hurt but He will bring you out of the mess.
Give your all love to Him today. 

Happy new year, let's make this year count in our spiritual lives.

Psalm 18:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment