Sunday 8 January 2017

DOES CHRISTIANITY PROMOTE POVERTY?


I've had this on my mind for so long but ive been careful not to be misinterpreted but my pastor spoke my mind today.
I met an old friend of mine who has become atheist and my heart bled. Not just because he's atheist now, but because we Christians haven't done a good job in making Jesus appealing to the ones we are talking about Him to.

One of the things that stood out in all he said was that Christians are poor and that's not the kind of life he wants. 
Many of us spend our time in church in one program or the other praying for breakthrough then forget to work. The days of manna are over babe. 
My husband said if mark zuckerberg gives all church folks in nigeria all the money they need, the church pews will be empty. I was angry with him,I felt he was mocking Christians even though he is a Christian. But I can't help but agree with him.

God wants us to be fruitful, He didn't say money should be our God but He definitely doesn't want us to be beggarly. 
These days things are changing though, a lot of pastors are also life coaches who teach you to become excellent in every area of our lives. Teaching us to make impact in our spheres of contact.

Many of the richest people in the world are not Christians, this shouldn't be so, our God owns the silver and the gold, the cattle on a thousand hills belong to Him, He made Solomon sooooo rich that no one has ever seen such riches. He said He is the one who teaches us to make wealth. Did you hear what He did with Abraham? Did you hear what He did with Jacob? Did you hear how Isaac was able to reap 100 fold in famine? The God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Tega. 

Haba na, you no dey vex? 
If this is the God we serve why are we not representing? Imagine working smart and having God.

I am happy about Mrs Folorunsho Alakija. It is close to home, She makes me know it is possible to have Christ and have wealth.

Father use me as your signpost of your word being yea and AMEN!

Psalms 35:27

No comments:

Post a Comment