Sunday 28 February 2016

BORROW NOW..




I went to shoprite on valentine Sunday at around 11am to buy wrapping paper and thought I could dash in and out since it was one item, I was grateful for the '10 items or less' cahsier till but as I reach there I see people with trailer load of tins, I tried to speak grammar telling them to follow the rules so I can run, but as naija people be na, I totally was ignored and the only person wey even answer me tell me say no be UK we dey. 
So I was silently seething and then this little boy walks up to a woman on the queue and says in the most cheeky manner 'favor was punished in Sunday school today because she didn't remember her memory verse' and walks away with a smirk on his face. The mother was so embarrassed because everyone heard.

This boy needs to be flogged by his mother for being a 'reporter'. These are the people who grow up to be 'eye service' people, trying to gain silly favors from people of authority, making themselves appear like they are the good ones. 
What is the motive behind your reporting? Will it hurt the person? someone told you about someone else, then you go and tell the person??? If what you will say will hurt the person, and not bring solution, brethren I humbly advise you pray for the person.
If you report a matter, you automatically make people ( even the person you reported to) wary of you and life is like water, you never know when you will flow into each other in future.

Another name for the book of proverbs should be 'BORROW BRAIN'. Thank you Michelle Ante for making me read the book of 'borrow brain' again. 

Proverbs 17:9

5 comments:

  1. He shud be whipped. Small minded people begin from undisciplined small minded children.
    Mothers wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He shud be whipped. Small minded people begin from undisciplined small minded children.
    Mothers wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't necessarily think the child should be whipped- rather he should be corrected and made to truly understand the WHYs of life.
    Alas, that's probably how he was brought up- it is a mirror of his nurturing process.
    I'm very happy the mother was embarrassed- maybe just maybe the situation has mirrored their(mom and dads) parenting skills and she will take adequate steps to correct her wrongs.
    Parenting isn't exactly a cup of tea, may the good lord continue to give us wisdom in bringing up these "gift" and "heritage" in a godly way, Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said!.. let me also go and re-borrow brain again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one, love the new name "Borrow Brain". Your most welcome sister, I didn't regret ever reading Proverbs my aunty made me read... We all need to borrow brain sometimes in life.

    ReplyDelete