Sunday 21 December 2014

WHATSOEVER YOU DO TO THE LEAST....

Two weeks wwp organized an outreach to misplaced people from adamawa and Borno because of the insurgency.
I was very hesitant, because I was quite tired and had many errands to run, and I asked the outreach team how long the drive will take and they said 2 hours. And there were many things lined up for the week, so my plan was to call my resident pastor and take permission but I found myself in opique as early as 7 am that day. 

Oh well! So we got there and when I saw the faces of the children, the dejected look on their faces, the uncertainty, the hopelessness, I started to cry not just because my pastors and other sisters were crying but because I heard the voice tell me ' you thought it was an inconvenience to come and see me'. I wept and asked Jesus for forgiveness. 

It will never be an inconvenience to see you Jesus. Forgive me.






Pastor O handing out gifts to the children.
Now these people have lost their wives, children, husbands and other family members, have no where to sleep, barely any water, no mobile phones, far away from civilization and then Government is requesting millions from them to give them a land to settle in?  What do they have? Should they not be cared for by the government? My heart broke. 

Then the chairman started to console us. Imagine! We came in SUVs, complaining that the journey was far, complaining that we had no service on our mobiles, yet these people who seem to have lost everything they ever owned and knew were consoling us. 

We hope it was indeed a merry Christmas for them, no matter how small.
Faithful God.

I am glad I went for this outreach despite my "busy schedule".

Matthew 25:35-40







4 comments:

  1. May our service to God be acceptable in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaaaay! Ore Mi princess... Amen sis
      Amen!

      Delete
  2. Jehovah help us to follow in your steps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things God won't ask on THAT day

    1. God won't ask what kind of car you drove. 
        He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.

    2. God won't ask the square footage of your house. 
        He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

    3. God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet.
        He'll ask how many you helped to clothe.

    4. God won't ask what your highest salary was. 
        He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.

    5. God won't ask what your job title was. 
        He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.

    6. God won't ask how many friends you had. 
        He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.

    7. God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived.
        He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.

    8. God won't ask about the color of your skin.   
        He'll ask about the content of your character.

    Coincidentally I stumbled on this today and after reading your write up, I felt I should share.



    ReplyDelete