Tuesday 11 November 2014

DO YOU MAKE GOD LOOK GOOD?


Today was one of those days I am grateful that I am spiritually employed (church worker). From last night I didn't feel like doing anything. Felt empty, upset, uncertain about a matter. The devil wanted me to blow my issue out of proportion but I am grateful to God for self control. I could barely pray, I just prayed in tongues for a bit and lay down thinking a lot of things over, the devil wanted me to question God on why 1+1= -100. 
I really wanted to stay home by myself and indulge in something that would make me feel better physically (but worse on the long run) like food!!! Somehow I managed to sleep and I had a nasty dream, which for me was insult upon injury. 

I didn't want to go for fellowship today, this has NEVER EVER happened, Tuesday used to be my best day of the week till Thursday joined in, then Friday. Of course I can't afford not to go for fellowship because I didn't feel like, then it became, 'just throw anything on your body and go", knowing that's not possible with pastor O, I decided 'I won't put make up on my face'. Somehow I ended up wearing a pretty yellow dress, had my face done, I deliberately dressed up looking nice but I felt really messed up.

Pastor B said to me, God must be glorified in your life, in every aspect, give it to Him, don't help Him, leave it to Him. 
Then Racquel said she listened to something Fela Durotoye said, and what struck me out of all she said was that I should make God look good.
I thought about it all day, and it makes sense.

God is good, regardless of what the news says, regardless of what your account says, what the doctors report says,whether the children are out of school because of school fees, whether the landlord is knocking on your door,whether your spouse is promiscuous, whether the fridge is empty,He is good. If we also dwell on these things as BELIEVERS, who will unbelievers draw strength from?

As a Christian, make God look good so unbelievers can be drawn to salvation, let your life show forth His praise, let unbelievers not ask you "if God is good why do you look like this? Let them not reject Christ because of "your type of Christianity". Our ultimate goal is to win souls to the kingdom, so with everything that's not right at the moment with my beautiful life, I will make God look good so people can want to serve the God that I serve.

I am grateful for WWP, the devil wanted to box me into isolation then deal with me mentally but I had to be at my duty post, and by the reason of that,the words I needed to help me snap out of my temporary madness came. 

Like Kenneth Hagin and wigglesworth said 
I am not moved by what I see
I am not moved by what I feel
But I am moved by what I believe. 
And I believe that God is goooooooooooooooooooood, and He loves me, so as I am asking for fish, I will get a basket full. Ehn! He is good like that.

Let's be deliberate. 

Isaiah 43:21

4 comments:

  1. I love you sister Tega... !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, in everything give thanks for He is good all the time. Everything is working for our goof. Whether good or bad.

    ReplyDelete