Tuesday 25 November 2014

HEAVENLY MARATHON...



I have no excuse for my silence but true, it has been busy. I am signing autographs, doing book launches etc.. (AMEN O).
Truth is I was doing my protocol work, it has taught me a lot. I enjoy it, I delight in it, it doesn't leave room for much more but I know God is taking me through this for a reason.

Today was the last thanksgiving of the year in wwp and we come deliberately dressed in traditional attire with heavy gele. The bigger, the better. I remember a sister's double gele drew so much attention but she knew what she was doing.

Devil was deliberate about frustrating my praise today, and I am grateful for sensitivity.
I always thought church/fellowship was for perfect people, and everyone there was open, kind and honest, but today I was taught a good lesson by the Holy Spirit. 
As I was walking into fellowship, I stopped to greet someone and then another sister who I am quite friendly with walked by and said a hello. The next thing I heard myself ask is "sis did I offend you?" And she said " I greeted you" in an antagonistic manner, so I probed further then she said "I should be asking you". Ah! I followed her with speed, and she was quite upset. She apparently had been upset with me for God knows how long and I didn't even have a clue. I begged her tire today, at a point I wanted to get irritated and leave her, but the Holy Spirit won't let me stop begging. She appeared like she accepted my white flag, I felt my release. 
Just after that another woman was so nasty to me. For not taking her instruction over my pastors' instruction. I mean, check am? I almost got upset but I remembered that I won't be able to dance and praise my Father well with the way I was feeling.

I felt so bad at first because the bible clearly says as much as possible live peaceably with all men, but then I am grateful to the Holy Spirit for revealing that to me today. Na so you go feel say you be 'PDP' (for the people) when someone is holding you in anger. I am glad I am free from that though, I hope she is free from that. 

Now the thing that struck me is both of them are people I will term spiritually mature, people I might want to look up to spiritually and Tega almost got disappointed in them, but then I remember someone saying church is a clinic where everyone comes to get better. If you are deliberate in your treatment ( the word of God), your immunity (spiritual life) builds faster and you won't catch other diseases ( vices) flying in the air. 

So as the Holy Spirit broke this down to me reminding me we are all work in progress (after all Understanding brings forgiveness) i chose to get my praise on, I refuse to catch your disease, I choose to build my immunity, I choose to take my drugs in this clinic. Heaven na my destination.
devil comot for road o, I no get brake. 

Wunmi, God bless and honour you and your husband. May you never feel the heat of life. 

Proverbs 15:1




No comments:

Post a Comment