Thursday 27 November 2014

GOD VERSUS INTELLECT


Saw someone's status on Facebook berating Nigerians who are celebrating thanksgiving with the Americans/ British. I used to be one of those people who felt Nigerians " too do" because we don't have a national day marked for thanksgiving but will be joining 'oyibo' people to celebrate. But now I know that everyday should be a day of thanksgiving. 

Nigerians say Nigerians are too religious or spiritual, that it was intellect that helped contain and get rid of Ebola virus, I say it is the intervention of the Most loving God. He's the one who gave them the intellect, Imagine if it had entered through the market place? How we for do? Or schools and wiped children away?
Nigerians pray a lot, we may not be the most perfect people but God has mercy on us because He realizes that we reverence Him. We have a lot to be thankful for in Nigeria, there are countries that can't survive what we have been through ( Ebola, boko haram, militancy, kidnap, corruption) They would go through beta hunger and depression. But we are still here, there are corrupt people among us, there are wicked people, there are greedy people but in spite of all, God is keeping us. 

Not long ago I went to House of David RCCG in Lagos and their closing charge was the 2nd stanza of the national anthem. I know the words, I have recited them without thinking deep about what I am reciting and I almost wondered why they used it as closing charge but look closer at the words: 

O God of creation, 
direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign.

The annoying part is some Christians sef will tell you "this isn't a God matter". Shame to you. What on earth is on earth without it been created by God? Everything is a God matter. But when bad things happen you run to Him for help? Oh He knows all things then? 
Please for those that say we are too spiritual, next time you need direction / help please use your man made intellect.
I don't want that kind of intellect that will make me forget my source of protection and provision.

Gods mercy has kept us. Dare I say Happy Thanksgiving! 
#flipsafro#


Hahahahaha! Well speak it as you want it to be Jare!



Hebrews 12:28

1 comment:

  1. Oh, why do you think America despite everything is so blessed. Because their foundation is on God.
    Look at their money, "In God We Trust", how can a money that trusts in God, devalue. Intellects reason it if you can.
    Look at how the biggest holiday in America with the most documented travels is "Thanksgiving", a nation that sets a day aside to be thankful, tell me how they will step down from being the most powerful nation in the world.
    Abeg, I thank God everyday, in all things, good or bad. I see results too and when I don't see I still thank Him.

    ReplyDelete