Sunday 2 November 2014

MERCIFUL YET JUST...



My older sister has a garden in abuja, and I got a stand there to sell chicken and chips. I was meant to have started sales there July of 2013, but being miss procrastination that I was, I didn't start immediately and my sister needed to fill the space so she got one Indian woman to take it. Somehow she left, she probably got another place and then I got my chance to go back. ( God of many chances).
Anyway my husband saw the opportunities in it and bought a shawarma machine and we started it. The sales were not excellent but it was decent, I had one girl doing chicken and chips, then a guy doing shawarma. The chicken and chips girl was effective until mr shawarma came. Then the rains started, fear of boko haram and sales declined. One day the Holy Spirit asked me my 5year plan for this business. Don't know why, In His time He will let me know why He asked me. I know it is a viable business and potential money spinner, but is that something He wants me to do?

Somehow I got quite involved in a lot of things and won't go to the garden as often as I used to. I got a bit discouraged at the decline as well. Then I realised that everyone else was still selling even though there was a decline. Infact one of the other vendors employed two more people so I knew something wasn't right. Eventually found out they were coming to work for 4 hours everyday, when I was in Lagos, they both went AWOL. I realised that I needed to take back what was mine.

I let the boy go, he was the bigger evil, he wasn't very unaffected by the business, he knew he would get paid whether or not he sold shawarma, so he never made any effort to increase productivity. He was getting rude to me and I asked security to see him out. After he left, my conscience kept reminding me of how I was also not as passionate at my last job. How I would not go out of my way to do anything extra for my bosses, how I would be upset when they made me work 5 mins more than my normal working hours. How sometimes I won't go to work if they are not in town. I wasn't the best employee. So why did I think I had the right to harass someone for doing what I had done month in month out for years? I understand their frustration with me now. I had the same attitude. I wish I could go back and re do my job now that I am a Christian and I understand that I should be diligent in all things. I have sent them a mail apologizing for my behaviour. I hope they forgive me.

Lord have mercy!


Galatians 6:7

In other news, a madman nearly chased me today *phew*

2 comments:

  1. Where did mad man see you? The next time that happens, stop &say, He that is in me is greater than he that is in you, wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I shouted Jehovah o. The way I ran even the mad man start to laugh

      Delete