Monday 7 December 2015

CHRISTIANITY IN TOTALITY.



I took my lil sister to the hospital this morning and had to go and do all the paper work. The attitude most of the staff have is crappy. At 9 am you have such a rotten attitude what will happen at 2 pm when beta sun don comot? 
One of them even had a wrist band from one of the popular churches around. Oyibo man fit no be Christian but they understand their position as caregivers and act accordingly. 

This brings me back to when I went to one government office to do some paperwork. I got there early (9am)  hoping that I'd be done within 20 mins and move on to other stuff. The lady who was to attend to me was at her desk but she was doing morning devotion??? She read the devotional, read her bible then proceeded to pray all while I was standing by her desk waiting to be attended to. So I asked the guy next to her table who was diligently attending to people if someone else could attend to me and they said it had to be her and he went ahead to sarcastically say "that's how she is" in Hausa with a smirk on his face.
I was in utter shock! 
She didn't flinch till she was done for a full 45 mins I was waiting before she attended to me. What happened to waking up early to do your devotion? Now if I wasn't a born again Christian I wont ever want to be known as one if her behavior is anything to go by. She looks Christian (natural hair, no make up, long skirt, long sleeve shirt buttoned to her throat, no nail polish) speaks Christian but acts otherwise. When I asked her she said, there's no where you can't pray to God! I said that's right! 

I am not a perfect person but really I understand why they say let your conduct win souls to God, because many people separate God from their jobs. 
Christians let's stop making a mockery of Christianity. 

In other news, I sat waiting for my sisters test results with pregnant women with a huge grin on my face, that was me practicing and it felt sooooooooooooo good! 

Ephesians 6:5-8 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment