Monday 13 October 2014

WHO ARE YOU GLORIFYING?



This last weekend was full of fire... Went for a retreat in gwagwalada. Went to be Alone with God. Awesome experience, you should try it.

I have heard a few times that your life, your utterances, your actions glorify either God or devil. I didn't get the depth of that until this evening. I have this friend that is now a mobile bible, woman on fire, I'm not shocked at how her life is on fire for God because it is in her nature to do everything to the extreme.

Somehow last week I heard in my spirit to check on her because I hadn't seen her in a while and when I did she snapped at me, I was taken aback because I was in the middle of my own issues when she came to mind. So I let her be, knowing that when she's ready she will talk about it. Make I no lie, the devil wanted me to vex, but I'm glad I was dealing with a few stuff myself to dwell in that.

Saw her today and she said to me that she didn't want to talk about it till it has become a testimony. I almost felt it was conceit on her part, then she said, "if I talk about it before God has sorted it out, I am glorifying the devil, instead I want to glorify God by giving it as a testimony". She knows he's there o, but he's irrelevant in her life because her Father is in control.
That's another level o. 

It tallies with what I heard the woman of God say, why are you praying? Because you are afraid that the devil will kill, destroy and ravage you, or because you want to communicate with your father Jehovah? Many of us pray the most when something bad happens, but we should actually have a relationship with the Father?  Does He know your voice? Can He safely say that's Tega calling to gist with me? Or will He say that's Tega barking orders at me to give her a new car? ( Daddy I need one sha)

So my dear friend, you taught me a valuable lesson today. I will make a conscious effort to glorify God with my utterance. Because there's a way you will say something to someone, it may sound like you are trying to raise prayer point, but na complain you dey complain, and that is glorifying mr devil. 

Now Imagine if your complain makes the devil bigger,every time we don't address issues with the scriptures, the devil grows from a baby snake to a giant boa and my Almighty Father, Omnipotent, Alewi lese, Alese Lewi, Oba nla, Oba Atobiju, Ovie R'ovie will be shrinking in size. Chai.
God forbids.

1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment