Wednesday 29 October 2014

TONGUES OR WHAT?




There was a time I went to a mid week service in believers love world in Kano and those people broke into a beautiful language, I thought they were weird (coming from a catholic background, my grandpa was the village cathecist in ughelli).I liked the sound of it but I thought it is only for Chris Oyakhilome's members. ( maybe na dialect for edo state) 

Fast forward nearly a decade, I gave my life to Christ and found it was a spiritual language. I had this friend Mariam who spoke in tongues like a militant, I would secretly envy her, then one day she held my hand, said a prayer, told me to just open my mouth and it will flow, (I didn't believe her), she started speaking but nothing came out of my mouth. I almost felt like a fraud, that had not really received Christ. Then the desire built up, I don't think I've ever desired anything like I desired to speak in other tongues after that experience.

My blackberry torch nearly crashed from my constant googling of "how to speak in tongues". I read about it tire. Infact one article even wrote a few words and said it should be repeated,I heard you will feel like you are talking gibberish, I heard it can be learned. Then I came across the article that said it is a gift and also a sign that you have been filled with the spirit, and you need to desire it. So I prayed about it and one day at a night vigil, it just came bursting out of my soul, the most beautiful sound ever to come through my lips, I didn't feel like it was gibberish, I felt JOY!!! It was on the 23rd of February 2012. After that, grace before my meal sef was said in tongues. Of course the tongues don mature now. 

I was posing that im doing 30 mins stretch, then prophet wole said he had done 10 hours!!! AH! No wonder he is a prophet. ( he celebrated 24yrs of speaking in tongues) 
I've found that when I speak in tongues for a while (30 minutes which I am trying to upgrade by the way) I get a few insight. I've been privileged to see visions, scriptures given to me, or a person / matter to intercede for. 

The thing no be here o. It edifies you (charges your spirit), keeps the devil out of your conversation with Papa, helps you pray the will of the Father. You want to? Desire it and receive it. After all, all good and perfect gifts come from God.

Prophet wole told me about a book by Kenneth Hagin : TONGUES : BEYOND THE UPPER ROOM. it has opened my eyes further. Now I want to write a song in tongues! *bbmstraightface*

Jesus is Gods gift to the world,the Holy Spirit is Gods gift to His children (believers).  Abeg rebosheke away.


Mark 16:17

3 comments:

  1. After over 70 years of impactful,successful,world renowned ministry, Kenneth. E. Hagin Sr,said that in his life he can trace the greatest miracles,healings,advancements,deliverances, financial breakthroughs to a period of praying in tongues. The Lord Jesus said no Father would give a child a stone if he asks for bread, a snake if he asks for fish or a scorpion if he asks for an egg. And if we human beings evil won't do that,the Father(God) will not give a wrong spirit to a child of God(born again) asking for the Holy Spirit. This is an open invitation to taste and see that the Lord is good. It's like choosing to travel from Abuja to Lagos by bicycle (or between 2 distant states in the country you live) instead of flying! Tega,the World will hear your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen @ Prophet Wole

    @ Aunty Tee truly every area of your life; past, present and future is a testimony of His goodness, faithfulness and mercy. Truly you are showing forth His praise.

    I am praying for growth in the language of the Spirit too. The gift of worshiping in tongues is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete