Wednesday 8 October 2014

HIS HEART OR HIS HAND?

 A very good friend of mine got married 6 years ago, I could not make the wedding because I was really broke at the time. Somehow we lost touch and reconnected not too long ago.
She has 3 kids from the union.

So recently we got into a conversation and I asked after her husband and as casually as saying "I am fine" she said "I am divorced". I thought I didn't hear well, so I continued the conversation o, na Im I say, when my husband is back in town, all four of us should hang out, chic say, "I've left the old fool". Ah, ah, ah, how? I have a gift, I can see the falsehood in any couple. She appeared so happy in the photos I saw, but then again, that time na d diamond ring wey d guy give her, d motor wey he buy give her, d house wey he give her, trips abroad wey dem go tire dey shack my babe. She never really spoke about how she loved him, how he made her feel, it was what he gave to her. She made sure we all knew the guy was financially loaded. 

The guy was giving her money in 7 figures that 7 years ago, and still paying her bills o, so that money was chop money. She bought a car for a mutual friend for her birthday that time o and her account was still heavy. 
I asked what happened, she said he got set up by someone and then EFCC arrested her husband, froze his accounts, seized his stuff and so they became cashless. She refused to bail him out because she didn't want to be cashless as his situation appeared hopeless. She said people told her to pray for his release, she didn't either, instead she ran with the few things that were in her name sent him divorce papers in prison and started a new life.

Fast forward a few years, his ex girlfriend (who he was meant to marry) heard, bailed him out, paid a good lawyer, and somehow the setup was discovered and his stuff were released. He is back on his feet, married that ex girlfriend and that's why my friend said he's an old fool...she says that the ex girlfriend is plain, that she's the miss world material, and how could he be cheating on her with that girl, how she's the one that carried the disgrace bla de bla. The man went back to who stood by him in his trying times, the one who loved him in his broke and broken days.

I told her I don't blame him, that she didn't really love him,she got upset, but later admitted it, now she's broke, with three children to care for, and can't get him to marry her again, can't get any man to marry her. She don humble. 


Liken this to when God has blessed you with all the things of life, and then church services become too long, you don't reverence Him anymore, you bail out on Him, some people start to even say Christianity is logic. 
In good times and bad times, love God. He's good and His mercies endure for ever.

Imagine if Abraham forgot about God after Isaac was born? Would He have been called a friend of God? 
Go after His heart (love Him) and then His hand will be open to you, the reverse will humble you in ways you won't like.
Ask the prodigal son.

Are you after Gods hand or His heart?

Luke 15:11-32



2 comments:

  1. Great writing Tega, indeed it's a question for us all to answer in our hearts. What is our motive for serving God. Is it because we love Him or for what we can get out of Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trip is that many Christians don't even know this yet. We mostly all start out by seeking for what is in His hand then we fall in love with Him. God will help us

    ReplyDelete