Thursday 18 September 2014

IYA NI WURA..



Every Thursday is my date with Jesus day, I just love on Him, read His word, Hear Him, feel His love and embrace.

God can't be boxed up, His ways are indeed not our ways. I somehow haven't spoken to my mum in weeks. First my phone got missing, then she asked me to join one of these numerous network marketing business as her downline, I never got round to even making the enquiries so I started to avoid her calls so I don't disappoint her yet tell no lies to save face, then her own phone got stolen. 
I really knew I should call her regardless, but I kept burying my large head under sand like an ostrich. 

For the last two weeks, I've been having this nagging feeling to call her but then I tell myself she will whine and harass me about swissgarde, so I kept pushing it aside and procrastinating.

So today as in began to worship on my date with Jesus, I heard clearly "call your mum". I went mute for a while, then pushed it aside again as usual then tried to continue worshipping but somehow I could not, so I picked the phone and dialed her number.

She sounded so bad, breathing heavily, her voice was very faint. The first thing my mother says is " Tega you remembered me today?" I felt shame wash over me, I am meant to be a Christian, I am meant to follow the principles in the bible. I burst into tears. My mum is 72, I am her last child, I look a lot like her and I know she loves me very much, she calls me her confidant. 

Then I called my brothers and my sister inlaw. She was rushed to the hospital, she apparently had a mild stroke 2 weeks ago, she was having nasty headaches. I have a Jehovah Rapha so I know she is healed in Jesus name.

I give God praise that He speaks to me, I give God praise that He helped me to recognize His voice. I give Him praise that I had credit to call, i give Him praise i had people to call, I give Him praise that they were available to answer.i am in awe of God. I am happy I am Gods sheep.

Imagine if I had pushed it aside again and no one knew what was going on. Would I have been writing this? Would I have been thrown into mourning? 

IYA,I refuse to wait to say how much I love u in a eulogy. Let me say it to the world now I love you very much, regardless of the mistakes you have made in the past. Because you gave me birth, I love you, because God says I should honour you, I love you. 

John 10:27

1 comment: