Wednesday 17 September 2014

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LADY OMENESA





Age 12 to 20: I was diagnosed with Scoliosis, traveled to every state in America, singing to raise funds for my surgery. I watched my Parents cry, caught in between hope and despair for the possibility of losing their only child. I died on the hospital bed, and you will have to get my book to read it in detail. But IM STILL HERE! Used a wheel chair, a walker, Codine, all kinds of mediums to get better. I fully recovered the day I sneaked out of the house at 5am, and walked to school will an open scar from the surgery. I knew that if I stayed in bed one more day, I wouldn't get up! And I've been up since then  

By Age 18, I was already in so many Choirs, school, church, bands...I was a main Voice-Over for songs shipped to trio group"Out of Eden". I had been everywhere, sang everyday, did backup for almost every artist in Cleveland Ohio. But I struggled with Math. I had taken the Proficiencies(Waec) over 9 times. I was in Cleveland Ohio then. I could never pass, but after the 9th time, I got 50 points above average, and I went on to the University in Texas. 

At 21, I was in an ungodly relationship, and lived with him for 3 years. I lost my singing voice, lost my anointing, lived in fear, guilt, bondage, and all the Christians reminded me of what a dirty horrible person I was! I made up my mind to get serious with God, not for them, but for myself... and moved to Kentucky, to rededicate my life and start all over! 

At 23-24: I was working 4 jobs(Babysitter, Shoe Salesman, Waitress and Hospice Caregiver). I was literally working all 4 everyday! One day, I had a Potassium attack, my pottasium level had depleted, and I was rushed to the hospital, when God revealed to me that my hardwork was an attempt to run away from Him. He was right, because I was not attending church regularly, and I hated Him for allowing a lot of crap come my way Little did I know, that pressure makes diamonds! 
I repented, became an avid member of my Choir in Kentucky. My restoration began. Pearls began in Kentucky. I sang at so many conferences in Atlanta, California, Las Vegas, for the likes of Pastor Oritsijafor, Benny Perez...and one day, Judy Jacobs heard me sing, and that's how I joined her Mentoring School in Tennessee . I became one of her Armor Bearers and travelled with her.

At 24: A man proposed to me on the first day he met me. I told him to wait for 2 years. He waited, and became my husband Nov 25th, 2011. He always said, "You don't know who you are. You are a force". I was enveloped with a lot of self esteem issues. I grew up in the lime light. Planted churches with my Parents in Africa and America, painted walls, cleaned bathrooms, auditioned for American Idol 7 times, Sunday Best 5 Times, and did a whole lot of Restaurant and Bar competitions to make a little money for the upkeep of my small apartment in Louisville...I was used to having to stress myself out to get results, simply because I didn't know the power I carried. 

At 28: I finally graduated from the University after 8 Years (Child Psychology and Church Ministries). I got married, and began to shuttle both Homes(Louisville and Abuja).

At 29: I became an Ordained Pastor with Ben Oruma Ministries. My Dad bought me a BlackBerry for my 29th birthday, and all I wanted to use It for was to start a Blackberry Church. With that being impossible, I mandated myself to encourage my followers everyday, and I have never blinked since then. The money I've made from this device is inexplanable. God is truly amazing. 

How I came from being a reject, a college drop out, a wayward Gospel Artist, a rebellious hurting child, an angry wife...to being a woman of passion, zest, and grace. I owe it to my Parents(Bishop Ben & Joy Oruma), who introduced me to Jesus Christ, paid over 10 Million Naira in University Fees(NO LIE), looked for me when I ran away from home on a binge. I bless God! 

My 31 Year Old Theme is: No more placating. I will no longer allow anybody make me believe contrary to who I am. 2. I will take risks. I hate red, but I painted my nails red yesterday. I hate green, but that's the color I will wear at my Birthday Party. It's time to stop making senseless rules Omenesa. Fit only into God's mold. Ummm 3. I forgive those who have gone out of their way to ask me stupid questions, intentionally trying to make me feel bad, "Why don't you have children?", "Why are you an only child?" "Aren't you just a Pastor by Merit, afterall your dad is a Bishop". I don't blame you! 

I am grateful to the very few people who love me. I know who they are  It is awesome to know lots of people. But it's even better when you know those who will die for you.

I'm 31 Y'all! I have 4 more years to work my butt off, and start training my Successor! By 40, I will be relaxing in Dubai! What I've learned thus far...everyday you are closer to death. At least leave a landmark. I am such a realist. I will die on my 100th Birthday, and I must let the world know that "I was here". 


That's her story! And she rose above all what the enemy threw at her, God has the final say over our lives.
Her single hits the radio waves this week.. Stay tuned.

Happy birthday sis God bless you for sharing your life and encouraging us... (I am famzing but I don't care)..

Lamentations 3:37



No comments:

Post a Comment