Sunday 21 September 2014

AMAZING GRACE...



God bless you Ene Opita for giving me this book to read. I did the sinners prayer tonight because I really didn't understand what Jesus dying on the cross for me meant. I wasn't accepting the fullness of what He had done for me. I was paying lip service to being under grace but honestly unknowingly living under the law. So I was keeping dormant the power of The blood that was shed.

When the children of Israel were instructed to put the blood of the lamb on their doorposts, was it their conduct or the blood that made the spirit of death pass over? It was the blood of the Passover lamb, how much more the blood of Jesus, the Blood of the new and everlasting covenant. 

I recognize now that my life is really about Gods grace, I was born on a day of grace (5) double grace month (10), surrendered my life to His Lordship on a day of grace (5 April) and have somehow lived under His grace without even realizing. He has been good to me. Soooo many times I fall, He picks me up and nudges me to go on. Not because I merit it by my "works" but because of His unmerited love for me. I remember praying a few weeks ago, asking for the spirit of ease to come Into my life and the Holy Spirit said to me, "you have always had a life of ease" I was puzzled but it is so true, I just didn't accept it, now I get You better.

In the last few days I have nicely displayed a few fruits of the flesh that I was beginning to feel unworthy of Gods love, I could not pray or praise properly for the last few days. A few things happened, I realized I wasn't being led by the spirit and I felt shame, and then the Holy Spirit, my comforter reminded me how He's not present in my life to bring me guilt and self condemnation. 
I've cried for mercy to God, asking Him to lead me to manifest His fruits in a powerful new way... I intend to make it a daily prayer. 

I have Jesus, so I am successful in all my endeavors. It isn't about what I do but who I have. His name is Emmanuel (always with me).

Indeed His grace is sufficient.

Romans 8:1

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I have been consumed with thoughts about eternity lately.

    Sometimes when I fall and I feel guilty then God reveals something to me in a dream that will help me, I know he hasn't turned his face from me.it increases my faith. I will make heaven at all cost Tega. We must make heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the mercies of God we will make heaven. After all the suffer wey I don suffer under sun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this reminder!

    God's grace is sufficient and always here to help us turn a new leaf and continue in the journey of life. Its not there so that we can give up to our weaknesses (... but God's grace still covers me...) and continue in sin; but rather it is made available24/7 that we may tap into through the help of the Holy Spirit and be made whole nnotwithstanding the pain.

    May God help our forgetfulness and give us the grace to call upon Him at all times.

    Babybear's sis.

    ReplyDelete