Monday 8 September 2014

HAVE OLD THINGS REALLY PASSED AWAY?

All the keke riders in abuja nearly made me forget my salvation today. Well as the Holy Spirit helped me, I didn't unleash my tongue on them. I muttered under my breath (Tega please The Lord today) I remember how caustic my tongue used to be, and to think I took pride in it. 

I see it is cool to be a worker in church now, we think that it automatically makes you heaven bound,born again, spirit filled. It is all a lot of show biz now it is scary, some go from boyfriends house straight to their choir stand on Sunday moring (in my Yoruba accent) to minister. Ah, if it were the days of Ananias and sapphira..coffins will probably be sold in church bookshop.

Many people think after reciting the sinners prayer, they are born again, old things have passed away... It is true, that of course is the first step but then there is need to make a conscious deliberate effort to be a true Christian. 

You need to work it out every day, or will u get into a car, turn the ignition on, sit there yet expect the car to move?
No, you must change the gear, step on the accelerator and turn ya steering then the journey can start.

You can't have given your life to Christ and still have road rage to the point of swearing at every keke or cab guy. (Extra grace is needed for this one in abuja sha)

You can't have given your life to Christ and still be wearing clothes that leave nothing to the imagination.

You can't have given your life to Christ and still be twisting figures.

You can't have given your life to Christ and still be gossiping, backbiting, being bitter and angry at the world, keeping malice.(God is love o)

You can't have given your life to Christ and still be having pre marital sex. I give it to my two babies, they gave their lives to Christ and told the men they have been sleeping with that they can't do that anymore and both guys laughed at them,made them look stupid but they stood by their word. Heaven will honour you both. You can't give up your life for His sake and not get it back in full, may your joy be full, may you meet and marry decent God ordained men, may you never go back to your vomit. 
Above all may you make heaven. 
Love you both to bits..

Next time you want to describe that sister or brother in church as spirit filled, put their lives side by side Galatians 5:22-23.. Lord have mercy on us.


Philippians 2:12


1 comment:

  1. I love this post, there are some things i never saw as grave, i'm thankful for the Holyspirit that brings conviction. well done Tega :)
    The Beautiful Eagle

    ReplyDelete