Sunday 21 September 2014

FAMILY..



Spent the day with my Nieces yesterday and I was overwhelmed with a flood of memories. Tobi was born in the 90's and that munchkin in the middle 14 years later. My sister went to God asking when He would give her a 2nd child and He told her when she turned 39 (didn't believe all that then) . And it was spot on, I Carried this two gyals as children o. As we went to a few places yesterday , a lot of men were ogling at tobi so much and I jus dey vex, cos in my mind she's still the tobi I carried as a baby, I nearly screamed at one guy o "na small pikin o" forget all this make up and her body.

She has grown into a beautiful, responsible,gracious, well mannered woman. I remember "pay to me I am the payment" days. She grew up like the 3rd adult in the family. I always say my sister doesn't remember when she had tobi, she's older than her age.

That smallie in d middle is our miracle baby, my sisters gift from God, my own gift from God,another reason I know God answers prayers. Month in month out my sister expected her monthly flow to cease and it never did for 14 years after tobi was born. I can't imagine how she felt honestly.

Neta is the reason I moved to abuja, when my sister told me she was pregnant, I employed tobi to be her chief steward till I come, and just before the birth, I resumed my duty as chief comedian because the devil came with his lies that she had high bp and fibroid, (not as a prayer warrior, didn't know bout that then). It got so bad that she will burst into laughter just by seeing me. It is no surprise neta is like me In a few ways, I close marked my sister ehn. She chose CS, she didn't want no complications Infact her words were "cut me open and bring my child out". 

Somehow I was alone with tobi when neta was brought out, tobi refused to carry her new born sister, not like neta was tiny o, she was a whooping 3.95kg, She was so beautiful, I carried her, cried while praying for her. I am part of the reason neta is so spoilt and I'm not sure I regret it. She was a delight as a baby, is a delight now, will be a delight forever. I doubt if I'd love my biological child more than I love her. When she wants to be naughty, she calls me mummy and tells the story of me being the first person to carry her like she was there.
2005 seems like yesterday but my neta is all grown up, even updated her mothers OS on her tablet.

God is a master strategist, I dunno if I would have received my salvation if I had remained in Kano,where I was living that decadent life thinking I was enjoying my life,I was already considering converting to Islam at the time my sister got pregnant, I had chosen my Islamic name, I won't have met all the wonderful people He has sent my way. I won't have been fulfilling destiny. It took pure love for family for me to move to abuja, it took Neta's coming to the world for all things to fall into place. Truly He knows the plans He has towards us...

( see us all wearing leopard print without planning it, blood dey smeh) hehehehehe
Jeremiah 29:11

8 comments:

  1. God's ways are not our ways. I am sure if someone preached to you in Kano, it wouldn't have sunk in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In His time He makes all things beautiful. Thank God for SALVATION. Truly inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fam luv is true luv! P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey just saw ur blogs. How are u? This is a real beautiful article. Power of a united family in love. God bless you all real good. So howz ur mum now/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Barbie. Amen, may He bless you too. She's much better. Out of the hospital by the mercies of God. How's ur family?

      Delete